Guess what? This lil’ blog of mine has been nominated for The Liebster Award! What is the Liebster Award? I’ll get into that in a moment. But first, I wanted to say thank you to the lovely Doris Menard of Sincerely Doris for the nomination! Doris is a fearless blogger who writes candidly about everything, including taking career risks, travel and fashion. Her writing style makes you feel as though you have known her for years. I am happy to have met her (at least online) through this blogging journey. To learn more about Doris and her fantastic blog, please click here.
The official definition of this award, as described by the Leibster web site, is below. If you’d like to learn more about it, please click here.
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Now for the fun part. As part of the nomination process, Doris has given me some questions to answer. And I secretly love filling out questionnaires, so here goes!
- When do you find time to blog? Mostly at night when my kids go to bed. Although, this year, I’ve taken some time off from writing. Last year, I was constantly submitting content for publication (and was published 20 times), but I felt like it was getting too stressful. So, this year, I’ve decided to write only when I have something to say. I’ve only been published 3 times this year, but I feel better about the writing process, and the extra time has given me a chance to explore other interests.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful? my family
- When you have a writer’s block what do you do to work it out? I walk away and only come back to my blank page when I feel inspired.
- Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters. Don’t fear or get lost in the pressures of blogging. There will be people who will hate what you write. Don’t write for them. Write for you, and write for the people who love what you write instead.
- If you could only take 1 more trip, where would you go? New York City (home)
- If travel was something everyone did as a rite of passage growing up where would you recommend they go and why? Ireland, for its beauty and peace.
- What frustrates you the most about blogging, and why? The blogging world seems to be very focused on followers. While I understand that the more followers you have, the more readers you have, I feel like the content doesn’t matter as much anymore. For me, I have a very low follower count, but a very high reader/reach count. So, for me, I know I’m being read, and that’s good enough for me. However, if I wanted to sell product, I’d have a very hard time getting a job.
- What’s one thing about you that your readers do not know? I work full time in the finance industry.
- What is your top thing on your bucket list and why? I don’t have a bucket list. I have a life list. Click here to read my blog about it!
- What is one thing you regret? I have no regrets. I simply learn from my mistakes and my triumphs.
- What is the best advice someone has given you and why? Don’t be afraid to put your happiness first. This is so easy to forget and even a little cliche, but I’ve found that if I’m not happy, I can’t be there 100% for everyone in my life.
My 2017 Nominees:
- Just…yummy! Go check her out! https://annasrecipedishes.wordpress.com/
- Technically, she has a bit more followers than the rules call for, but she is so honest and raw about the pitfalls of diabetes and other illnesses, I had to include her in my list! https://tamrakgarcia.wordpress.com/
- For an honest perspective on divorce and co-parenting, this is such a great blog! http://livebysurprise.com/#sthash.H121fCsI.dpbs
- Adele offers gentle encouragement when life isn’t going your way. https://adeleswordcom.wordpress.com/
- For an interesting take on life and how she chooses to live it, check out Ragazza Triste! https://wondercyncyn.wordpress.com/
- And my all time favorite (who also has slightly more followers than suggested), Underdaddy. I never miss his real life moments with his family. And Supermom even makes a cameo writing appearance once in awhile! If you need a laugh, check him out! https://underdaddy.com/
My questions for my 2017 nominees:
- Bike or train?
- If you could give someone $1,000,000, who would you give it to?
- Apple or Samsung?
- Name the 3 most beautiful places you have visited.
- When do you find time to blog?
- What is the most frustrating part about blogging?
- Do you belong to any blogging groups? If so, which one is your favorite?
- What is your favorite blog post (written by you)?
- What is your favorite book or series?
- Sweet or salty?
Now it’s your turn! Congratulations to the nominees, and thank you again to Doris for the encouragement that this nomination has brought my way!